Portfolio

8:18 AM Wednesday, January 21, 2015





I am Susan Ta, a girl on her last year of high school and I’ll soon be heading to a career I hope I can be proud to say. I personally tend to work more traditionally with pencil and the occasional watercolour but soon will be able to say I can do more. I might be a sounding a little cocky when I say this, but I dare say that I’m pretty well rounded when it comes to working both traditional means and technical programs.

It’s sad to say that I’ll be leaving CyberARTS in less than a month’s time and I’m going to miss that sweet freedom to make and do our own projects using the things I could never get my hands on otherwise. And the classes (well at the time I joined) are small and you tend to get to know and get along with everyone in the class since it’s just so small, I’ve always been more at ease in the class know that I could never suffocate in such an overcrowded classroom, like normal classes which hold around twenty kids at least and that’s more than I can handle being around.

The things I’ve learn in this course are many and surprising for both classes I can say that I have pushed at my limit at least once and I may have possibly broken through to a new level and now I want to keep moving and keep breaking limits even if I have to do some crazy projects that everyone thinks I’m insane for doing. In the end I guess I can stay that I stopped being so hard on myself and started to just learn, going from ‘I can’t do that’ to ‘I haven’t practiced that yet’.

 As such for the tech side the animation was a huge step for me, it’s something I want to go into and now I finally have a taste for what it’s kind of like to make an animation – well, for doing it solo. And it drove me nuts and to the point of burning myself out, completely destroyed my sleeping scheduled and badly disturbing my already poor eating habits, and becoming horribly sleep deprive and constantly stressed but you know, it turned out pretty good just being able to watch you own creation move about the screen is just so satisfying I can’t say I wouldn’t do it again even if I have to walk through hell and back again (it’s funny to think that this is the sort of career I’m gunning for). For art side of the course I have to say that my Black and White + One painting was a huge step for me, with that painting I took every single step out of my comfort zone and I has so many problem with it when it came to hanging and now that I think about it definitely could have done that better but in the end it still turned out pretty well for something that just jabbed at almost every weak point I had.

I want to say that I’ve improved and I want to say that I am on the right track and I going to make and survive through this crazy mess I’ve gotten myself into but I can say that I’ve got thing done and I have things to prove myself at the very least that maybe I am maybe I can make it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment