Black and White + One

9:22 PM Tuesday, October 14, 2014

1. How can I express the theme Black and White + One through photo-based artwork?

I plan to express my work in a series of photographs lined up on after another with my interpretation of the black and white plus one theme based around the idea of the mundane, ‘exactly how you expect it’, boring looking world being the black and white half of the theme and my plus one being the whimsy, like a touch of fantasy magic splashed onto the mundane of the black and white.
The concept show through cookies, having some photos taken with cookie where you would often and normally see cookie (i.e. on a plate on the kitchen counter, outside on a picnic table, etc.) but every so often there will be one photo in between. the photos I will be labelling black and white due to their boring/mundane approaches there be one photo that doesn’t seem to fit and have rather odd circumstances shown, these will the photo at immediately catch an eye just wandering along my lined up pieces; these will be my plus ones. The plus ones are the photos that seem out of place but yet still tie into the lineup. Of course they will be featuring the same cookie shown to be in the black and white photos by they will be in places one wouldn’t expect a cookie to be (i.e. each cookie taking up a seat on the subway riding off to somewhere, set up in a tiny town made of paper making them look like monster size cookies, etc.)
The lineup of photos plan to have will total up to ten but should be known that this is not a concreate number and the final number can be changed depending the current situation of the project. But the ratio between the black and white and the plus one of my photos should stay a static number of 3:1.

2. How can I explore using the medium of photography in a way that stretches my current knowledge and understanding AND suits my interpretation of the theme?


Each photo I plan to have a different type of technique in place be it in use of the camera or in Photoshop. While for my plus ones I want to use colourful and flashy techniques like that have a much more whimsical feeling like for example using the style of bokeh, lens flaring editing in extreme vibrancy. While my black and white photos on the other hand can style to be dulled coloured using a fisheye effect, selective colouring are a few to name.

0 comments:

Post a Comment